Room Reservations for Registered Campus Organizations, Campus Departments, and Community Groups
The Center for Black Cultures offers space for registered campus organizations (RCOs), campus departments, and off-campus groups to organize various programs and events, facilitate meetings, and hold rehearsals for cultural performances. Room reservations at the Center for Black Cultures operate on a quarter-to-quarter and first-come, first-served basis. To reserve one of our rooms, please review the details below.
Room Reservation Process
Step 1: Identify the room you would like to reserve for your event.
The Center for Black Cultures has the Conference Room and the lobby of the center available to reserve. Identify the room that works best for your meeting or event using the details below.
Step 2: Check room availability.
Check room availability for your meeting or event by emailing our team at email@example.com. Make sure to include the date, time, event title, event description, and contact information of the person for the event.
Step 3: Review our policies.
Carefully review our policies and community guidelines and contact us with any questions or concerns you may have. It is important that all community members uphold our community guidelines and care for our space.
Step 4: Await and review confirmation.
Once you have emailed us about availability, you will receive an email containing your reservation confirmation within 2-5 business days. This email will be sent to the primary contact listed on the email reservation. Be sure to review the reservation confirmation in its entirety to ensure all information is accurate. If you need to make any changes to or cancel your reservation, please notify us immediately.
Step 5: Marketing and Visibility.
Once you receive your confirmation, you will need to submit any marketing materials to us so we can share it with our students via the newsletter and social media. We will need the following for each event or program:
- Flyer in the size of an Instagram post and in the form of a png or jpeg. Make sure the flyer has the date, time, location, contact info for questions, and a link or QR Code for students to RSVP to attend (if applicable). NOTE: if the flyer does not meet the requirements, WE WILL NOT SHARE IT WITH OUR STUDENTS.
For any questions about your reservation, please stop by in-person, call us at (949) 824-2000 or email the center at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Room Reservation Cancellation Process
Our cancellation policy is as follows:
Room reservations require a 24-hour notice and must email the Center requesting a cancellation. Failure to do so will result in the loss of your reservation privileges for the remainder of the quarter.
Important Information Related to COVID-19
Please visit UCI Forward to stay connected with all campus guidance connected to COVID-19 and the transition back to campus.
Please note that all individuals on campus or at UCI health facilities, including students, staff, faculty, and visitors, are required to wear a mask or face covering while indoors, regardless of vaccination status, except when alone in an enclosed space, as of August 2, 2021. Campus visitors attending events at the Cross-Cultural Center should review the new guidance for campus visitors/non-affiliates that addresses face coverings, vaccination status, and meeting attendance. This update is in line with the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention and the California Department of Public Health’s recent recommendations on masking and face coverings. Please refer to the Chancellor’s revised executive directive on face coverings for details.
Due to the changing nature of the COVID-19 pandemic, the status of in-person events may change at any time to align with campus or public health directives. These possible adjustments may impact in-person events at the Cross-Cultural Center. The staff will contact groups with reservations if new directives will impact events.
Center for Black Cultures Room Reservation Policies and User Agreements
- The Center for Black Cultures reserves the right to cancel, reschedule, or relocate reservations if conflicts or other unforeseen events necessitate such action
- User affirms that any use of facility under this agreement shall be done in a manner adhering to all applicable state and federal laws
- The proposed event is to be conducted in accordance with university rules and regulations and UCI Student Center policies and procedures
- Objectives of solicitation must be clearly stated and the sponsoring organization identified with the articles for sale. Any records of the funds raised can be audited by Student Life & Leadership
- Provisions for security must be made and verification submitted to a Center for Black Cultures pro-staff
- Any public showing of copyrighted material must be done with the appropriate license
- Taping of signs or posters on Center for Black Cultures walls, doors, and/or tables is not permitted
- Tables, chairs, and other furniture are for indoor use only. Under no circumstances should furniture be taken outside of the Center
- User shall notify the staff if they need to cancel this activity within the specified timelines
- User is responsible for setup and clean-up of the facility, including but not limited to returning chairs and tables to the designated location and clean-up or disposal of event materials
- User will be charged for any damage and/or extra clean-up costs
- User will be charged for any damaged and/or lost audio/visual equipment, aside from manufacturer/technical failures